19th International Symposium on Cells of the Hepatic Sinusoid (ISCHS 2017)
14th – 17th June 2017
PCO: Go West Conference & Event Management
LOCATIONS: NUI Galway Alua Maxima
DURATION: 4 days
Overview: Go West Conference & Event Management organised the 19th ISCHS 2017 on behalf of Prof. Antony Wheatley and the International Society for Hepatic Sinusoidal Research (ISHSR). The main aims of the 19th ISCHS Symposium was to provide a forum for basic scientists and clinical researchers to meet and discuss recent developments in research on the biology of the cells of the hepatic sinusoid in health and disease. A second and equally important aim was to provide a forum for young investigators to present their work in a friendly and supportive environment. Go West ensured that the 19th ISCHS met all of these objectives by successfully creating and managing an environment in which all of the relevant stakeholders had an opportunity to meet, showcase their research, network and build relationships. The Aula Maxima, one of the University’s most historic buildings (built in 1845) and located in the Quadrangle on the University Campus was the venue for the conference. ISCHS 2017 Delegates who travelled from around the world including USA, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Europe were impressed by the historic and intimate venue. The attendance rate at all the social events for the conference was very high and provided delegates with an ideal opportunity to network with their colleagues and build relationships while experiencing some of the delights offered by the West of Ireland. Delegates enjoyed a welcome BBQ in the college bar on campus, a private cruise on Lough Corrib, a half day tour to the Cliffs of Moher and a conference banquet with Irish dancers and entertainers.
Conference Programme: This four day conference featured poster sessions, 9 scientific sessions, welcome reception, a conference banquet and tours. 64 abstracts were submitted on line. ISCHS2017 boasted an especially prestigious line – up of international speakers including:
- Fergus Shanahan, Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, University College Cork.
- Eddie Wisse, University of Maastricht.
- Eiji Hara, The Cancer Institute, Japanese, Foundation for Cancer Research.
- Laurie D. DeLeve, Keck Medicine of USC, Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases.
- Raffaella Maria Gadaleta, Interdisciplinary Dept of Medicine, University of Bari.
- Bernd Schnabl, University of California, San Diego.
- Hellmut G. Augustin, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Heidelberg University.
- George K. Michalopoulos, University of Pittsburgh.
Go West were selected as the Professional Conference Organiser in June 2016 and worked closely with Prof Wheatley to ensure that the conference went off seamlessly and successfully. The Go West brief included the management of the following key areas:
- VIP Speaker Liaison
- Management of the accommodation block for delegates and speakers
- Online registration and abstract submission
- Website design and update
- Delegate communication and promotion of the meeting
- Design and production of all printed materials
- Conference Banquet and Entertainment
- Management of Poster Session
- Venue Management
- Catering Management
- Management of Audio Visual requirements
- Onsite staffing
- Management of all meeting logistics and the conference programme
Delegate Feedback Re Delivery and Execution
The feedback from delegates was overwhelmingly positive with 75% of delegates rating the conference excellent or very good and 75% of delegates rating the organisation of ISCHS 2017 as excellent or very good